Pikes Peak Genealogical Society
PO Box 63901
Colorado Springs, CO 80962
Individual annual membership: $25
Couple annual membership $35
The Pikes Peak Genealogical Society meets on the second Wednesday of each month in The Venue, Library 21c, when the library is open to public meetings (not yet
). Meetings are currently being held via Zoom; we will host hybrid meetings (including Zoom) when we can meet in person again.. Guests are welcome. Please request a Zoom invitation from the PPGS President
. For more information, call PPLD, 719-531-6333, ext. 1252.
The PPGS board meets the first Wednesday of the month, 5:30 p.m., via Zoom.
The Pikes Peak Genealogical Society (PPGS), a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was founded in 1980 with 140 charter members.
The society is administered by an executive board of elected officers and volunteers who serve two-year terms.
The society's principal objectives are to:
- Promote an interest in genealogy
- Encourage and instruct members in genealogical research
- Locate, preserve, and index public and private genealogical records
- Support genealogical facilities open to the public
The society supports the Pikes Peak Library District’s Special Collections by sponsoring the following programs:
- Volunteers extract data from newspapers and other key local resources to provide valuable genealogical indexes and databases in Special Collections and on the library’s website.
- The Book Committee selects and purchases books for the Special Collections.
- In cooperation with Special Collections, the Education Committee increases the public’s knowledge of genealogy by presenting programs to individuals and groups in the local community.
- GenMentors offer free genealogical consultations upon request. It's recommended that genealogists first get the basics of genealogy by attending a free Introduction to Genealogy class offered several times per year.