PPGS Special Interest Groups
Generally self-directed PPGS study groups are open to PPGS members; guests are welcome, but if you plan to attend regularly, please join the society to support its efforts.
Point of contact for Study Groups: Jan Myers
.We hope to be establishing German/Prussian and French-Canadian study groups soon.
DNA Study Group
Meets 7 p.m., third Thursdays, Aspen Room, Penrose Library
Typically has 10 to 20 attendees who use direct-to-consumer (DTC) DNA tests as a genealogy research tool.
- Jan. 16: Planning meeting to discuss and select topics for 2020 DNA Study Group meeting, Aspen Room, Penrose Library. What would you like to see/present?
- Feb. 20: DNA mentoring session. Please bring your questions, the issues and data you're working with, and put your head together with experienced DNA users.
- March 19: Discussion of what's been announced by the DNA companies at RootsTech (Feb. 27-29).
- Apr. 16: Kate Crow, on medical genetics
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16: DNA mentoring session.
- Aug. 20
- Sept. 17
- Oct. 15: DNA mentoring session.
- Nov. 19
Colonial America Brick Wall Study Group
Meets second Wednesday, before PPGS montly meeting, Library 21c.
- Jan. 8: Canceled due to event conflict.
- Feb. 12
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- June 10
- July 8
- Aug. 12
- Sept. 9
- Oct. 14
- Nov. 11
- Dec. 9