Index cut-off: 30 June 1998
Order: Block, Lot
To reach Antioch Cemetery, take Highway 94 east from Colorado Springs; turn south on Yoder Road and travel approximately four miles to Antioch Road. The cemetery is on the northeast corner of Antioch and Yoder, with the entrance on Antioch Road. According to GPS-derived geolocation (accurate to within 10 meters), the cemetery's coordinates are 38°46'55.2"N and 104°13'20.6"W.
No sexton records exist but a map of the layout is available (1998) from Clarence Correll, 6870 Boone Road, Yoder, CO 80864; (719) 478-2428. The cemetery is fenced and surrounded by grazing land. A neighbor mows the grounds once a year.
According to an article on the history of Antioch Brethren Church and Cemetery by Margaret Gray in El Paso County Heritage, edited by Juanita L. and John P. Breckenridge (Dallas, Texas: Curtis Media Corp., 1985), pages 305-6, the church is one of the oldest Brethren churches in Colorado. The church was built in 1911-12 on land donated by Alonzo A. Heaston, Clarence Correll's grandfather; the cemetery is also located on these grounds. It is now the property of Antioch Community Church. Church families can use the cemetery if they desire, but the church does not advertise or encourage the public to use it.