Squirrel Creek Cemetery is an abandoned cemetery located on private land about three miles north of Myers Road and about one mile west of Squirrel Creek Road in Section 20, Township 16 South, Range 62 West. No records are known to exist.
The Colorado Cemetery Directory notes that in 1985 the only known burial was one dated 1905 and that Squirrel Creek post office was in operation 1911-1916. The index to veterans buried in El Paso County notes the following Squirrel Creek burial:
William R.M. Manning, Co. A, 9th Tennessee Cav.
He was born in 1825 in Ohio and died December 30, 1905, in Colorado Springs of senile dementia. He lived at 732 E. Costilla St., Colorado Springs. A private, he enlisted in the Union Army August 13, 1863, and was discharged September 11, 1865. The marker information was recorded in December 1939 and it was noted that it was located 76 feet north of the south fence and 29 feet east of the west fence.
In Mesa Cemetery (page 28), James Taylor cites an undated 1939 clipping regarding the veterans' indexing project: "In one cemetery in the Squirrel Creek district are but two graves, one that of a veteran and the other of a colored man, probably the soldier's man-servant of the early days."