ALL TIMES ARE MOUNTAIN TIME. THIS IS A ZOOM MEETING. Please set up your computer with the Zoom client app prior to the meeting, so that you are not delayed getting into the meeting. Set up is simple but is specific to the search engine you use - follow directions carefully. The ZOOM invite information and class materials will be sent to registered participants 1-2 days prior to the meeting.
Find-A-Grave can be an invaluable tool for providing you with information and clues on your ancestors and their extended family. Think you already know Find-A-Grave? Perhaps not as well as you might believe. This class will cover all you need to know about Find-A-Grave from basic to advanced functions as well as how you can use Find-A-Grave to help others in their research.
Covered in the class will be:
- Getting Started: Community rules, FAQ, support, other links, tutorials, how it works
- Basics: Searching memorials, creating an account, editing and linking memorials, messaging vs email
- Intermediate: Creating memorials, adding photos, requesting photos
- Advanced: Transferring memorials, merging memorials, cenotaphs, formatting entries, saving to Ancestry or FamilySearch
- Other: Leaving flowers, sponsoring a memorial, setting up favorite and virtual cemeteries, paying it forward